Pillow Fight Photo Contest
General Terms and Conditions
1. Organisers and Eligibility
- The Pillow Fight Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is organised by the By the University of Luxembourg for its Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine and National Centre of Excellence in Research for Parkinson’s Disease, and the Luxembourg Rotary Clubs.
- It is open to all residents of Luxembourg and of the Greater Region aged 16 years old or above.
Submissions to the Contest will close on 31 August 2017 at 23:59. All entries received outside this time period will be disqualified.
3. Submission of Photos/Entries and Qualifying Criteria
- To create an entry, participants are required to submit a photo of themselves and others (family or/and friends) pillow fighting.
- The photo must be accompanied by a fighting slogan against Parkinson’s Disease.
- The photo description must contain the hashtag #ParkinsonsFighter.
- The participants must send via email their final submission and their email address to the Organiser at sophie.wagner[at]uni.lu .
- If a participant submits multiple photos, the most recent one will be treated as the valid entry.
- If the same photo is submitted several times by different participants, the first submitted photo will be treated as valid.
- Each entry must fulfil all the above requirements. Any incomplete entries will automatically be disqualified.
- The 6 best entries (the Winners) will be rewarded with a package consisting of a bottle of Crémant “Infalt” and a piece of Baamkuch.
- The Winners will be selected by a panel of judges designated by the Organisers based on humour, creativity, originality and relevancy of the entries submitted to the Contest.
- The Winners will be announced via their respective registered email address and the prizes will be handed over during the Pillow Fight event, on 2 September 2017. If the winners are not present, the prizes will be given to the next best entry.
4. Prize Redemption
- The Winners will be informed of their selection via their respective registered email address by a member of the Organisers’ team. If the Winners cannot personally pick the prize up, the prize will be given to the next best entry
5. Liability and Responsibility
- The participants shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, damage, claim or accidents (including death) resulting from their participation in this Contest, redemption and/or use of the prizes. The Organisers shall not be responsible for any liability, mishap, loss, damage, claim or accident (including death) in any manner whatsoever.
- All recording, transportation, accommodation, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or other expenses that are incurred to participate in this Contest and to redeem the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Organisers are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet and/or websites.
6. Rights of the Organisers
- All approved/qualified entries submitted for this Contest, upon moderation by the Organisers, will be saved into a Photo Album on the Parkinson: Recherche au Luxembourg Facebook page.
- By submitting their entries for this Contest, all participants agree and acknowledge that all intellectual property rights shall belong to the Organisers. The Organisers shall have the exclusive right to use, edit, modify and publish the entry submitted by the participants, publish the names of the participants, in any way they deem fit for any advertising, trade, promotional purpose and for any other reason whatsoever, without any further notice to the participants. The participants shall not claim ownership or any payment or compensation on the materials. For the avoidance of doubt, the submissions will not be edited for judging purposes.
- The Organisers reserve the right to modify, suspend or cancel this Contest in the event that it becomes impossible to organise as planned, technically interfered with or corrupted, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organisers, despite the best efforts of the Organisers.
- The Organisers reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any participant that is found or suspected of tampering with the Contest submission process and the operation of this Contest.
- The Organisers reserve the right to terminate the submission of any participant who they reasonably suspect has violated or infringed any of these General Terms and Conditions and the Organisers reserve the right to pursue legal action against any individual they believe has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to the Contest.
- All entries/photos submitted must be original and shall not breach any intellectual property rights belonging to any other third party. The participants shall not pose, distribute, reproduce or submit in any way whatsoever, any material containing any other party’s intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyrights, or other proprietary information owned by another party without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such intellectual property rights or proprietary information. If you believe that your work has been copied and posted in a way that constitutes an intellectual property infringement, please contact the Organisers.
- By submitting their photo, the participants agree that the Organiser will proceed their personal data linked to their photo. Those data will be processed only in order to organise the Contest and choose the winners. All data will be processed according to the legal rules binding in the GD Luxembourg. Participants have right to correct those data or to ask the Organiser to remove them from the database used for the organisation of the Contest.
- The Organisers, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to modify these General Terms and Conditions without any prior notice, if required for the smooth running of the Contest.
- The General Terms and Conditions are prepared and available in English only.
- The Judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence thereon will be entertained.
- By participating in this Contest, participants agree to be bound by the present General Terms and Conditions, and by the decisions of the Organisers.
8. Technical Requirements
The Organisers shall not be held liable or responsible for any delay and/or failure in the receipt of entry due to the inability of the respective Internet Service Provider company and/or telecommunication network to provide timely and/or efficient internet and/or telecommunication services.
9. Prohibited ContentBelow is a partial list of content that is illegal or prohibited to be posted on the “Pillow Fight Photo Contest”. Posting of any of this content by the participant may, in the Organisers’ sole discretion, result in termination of membership in addition to the disqualification of participation. In addition, the Organisers reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action, in their sole discretion, against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the “Pillow Fight Photo Contest” and reporting such violators to the appropriate legal authorities.
Prohibited content includes, but is not limited to, contents which, in the Organisers’ sole judgment:
- is offensive to the online community, such as content that promotes racism, politically religious agendas, inflammatory religious content, violence, foul language, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," "spam," or any other unsolicited mass mailing, e-mailing, or other communication;
- includes any information that  the participant knows is false or misleading,  promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, or is threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libellous;
- constitutes or includes any illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted or copyrightable work, including, but not limited to, pirated computer programs or links to them,  information which circumvents manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices,  pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- displays obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- includes material that exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- includes material showing or depicting any offensive or violent acts whether involving other person or persons or animal or not;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses; and
- exhibits overtly dangerous or potentially life threatening situations.