About the Pillow Fight
A giant public pillow fight in the heart of the city?
After a first successful edition in 2017, the Giant Public Pillow Fight is coming again!
Bring your pillow and let’s fight for the good cause!
About the event
- 9 June 2018, 14:00 - 18:00
- Rue du Marché-aux-Herbes, Luxembourg City
- Organized by the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) of the University of Luxembourg, the Luxembourg Institue of Health (LIH) and the National Centre for Excellence in Research in Parkinson’s Disease (NCER-PD)
- Open to everyone, companies and general public (all ages)
- Several information booths will be there to raise awareness on the Parkinson’s disease, there will be drinks, food, music and entertainment
How to participate
- No registration needed, on the day of the event just join one or several pillow fights (more details on the programme)
- Participation is free of charge
- Bring your own pillow or rent/buy one on site*
- Don't forget to read the rules!
- For corporate teams, please click here
* All proceeds go to the National Centre of Excellence in Research on Parkinson’s Disease.
The Luxembourg Pillow fight is organized in partnership by:
The NCER-PD research program represents a joint effort between 4 partners in Luxembourg that unite their expertise in Parkinson’s disease to find ways to earlier diagnose and better treat the disease. This Luxembourg Parkinson’s Study has been funded by the Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR) since Spring 2015.
The LCSB is a biomedical research centre of the University of Luxembourg. It is accelerating biomedical research by closing the link between systems biology and medical research. Collaboration between biologists, medical doctors, computer scientists, physicists, engineers and mathematicians is offering new insights in complex systems like cells, organs, and organisms. These insights are essential for understanding principal mechanisms of disease pathogenesis and for developing new tools in diagnostics and therapy. Neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson’s disease and description of diseases as networks are at the focus of LCSB’s research.
The Luxembourg Institute of Health is a public research organisation at the forefront of biomedical sciences. With its strong expertise in population health, oncology, infection and immunity as well as storage and handling of biological samples, its research activities impact on people’s health. At the Luxembourg Institute of Health, devoted scientists investigate disease mechanisms to develop new diagnostics, innovative therapies and effective tools to implement personalised medicine. The institution is the first supplier of public health information in Luxembourg, a strong cooperation partner in local and international projects and an attractive training place for ambitious early-stage researchers.